As well as Pool Lifeguard training and Cardiac First Response (CFR) training, we also offer First Aid Response (FAR) training to pools, sports complexes, hotels, schools, colleges and to the general public.
This Award is certified by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) and Medicore Medical Services.
The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council is the independent statutory body who set the standards for education and training for pre-hospital emergency care in Ireland. It is also the regulator for the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in Ireland.
– Patient Assessment
– Incident Procedures
– Cardiac First Response (CFR) Training (CPR, AED, Choking, Heart Attack, Stroke, Contacting the Emergency Medical Services)
– Common Medical Emergencies (Asthma, Diabetes, Seizures, Poisoning & Fainting)
– Injury Management & Shock (Bleeding, Bone Injuries, Sprains, Strains & Dislocations, Shock)
– Care of the Unconscious Patient
– Burns & Electrical Injury Care
– Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
– Information Management & Communications
– The Well Being of the First Aid Responder
First Aid Responders can use the skills they learn on this course to respond to life threatening, potentially life threatening and non-life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment before the emergency medical services arrive.
First Aid Responders play a vital role in keeping a person alive until they can receive expert clinical care. Their aims are to preserve life, prevent the condition from becoming worse and promote recovery.
To book a place on our next FAR Course please call David (086 871 9023) or email Matthew (email@example.com)